Whether you're an avid traveler or it's been a while since your last vacation, digging out and dusting off your luggage to go on a trip is exciting but can also be a little overwhelming if you're unsure what to pack. Figuring out the best travel clothes for women, the prep work, and the process of getting from home to your destination can be stressful, even for those of us with the most detailed and organized to-do lists.
We've all been there — packing at the last minute and totally unsure of what to toss in your bag. What is the best outfit for the plane ride? What shoes are the most comfortable but also stylish? What accessories should you bring along? Maybe it's time for a chic new carry-on, but does it have room for your travel necessities and your plane snacks? Shake the stress away and focus on the exciting adventure to come when you prepare for your next trip with these recommendations for the best travel clothes for women.
At Pete Kate, we believe that you do not have to sacrifice style for comfort. They can go hand in hand when you consciously choose quality pieces that give you the best of both worlds! The key to a travel wardrobe that does the work for you is versatility. With the right, carefully planned combination of basic, comfy, and statement styles, you can piece together outfits that work for the airport and for vacation happy hours! Here are some of our top picks for the best travel clothes for women.
- A great jacket or blazer is a travel-wear must-have! These pieces are perfect for looking put together while traveling and are ideal for staying warm on air-conditioned flights, trains, or autos.
- Original tees are essential layering pieces for a travel wear wardrobe. Layer them underneath your jacket or sweater, or pair them with accessories to keep your outfit comfy yet stylish.
- Cashmere wraps are another versatile travel necessity! Use it as a blanket for the plane or a chic accessory once you've reached your destination.
Once you've packed the best travel clothes for women, it's time to think about footwear! Deciding which shoes to bring can be challenging, especially if you have a lot of activities planned that require different types of footwear. Packing the appropriate shoes can make or break your trip. These are our favorite shoes for traveling!
- If you plan to spend a lot of time on your feet, sneakers are a travel must-have! From comfortably navigating an airport to various vacation activities, you'll be thankful to have a pair packed! Choose a pair of sneakers that will work well with most of your casual wear, so you only have to pack one pair in your suitcase. We love Golden Goose and P448 sneakers since they are the perfect combination of comfort and style!
- Neutral-toned booties are the perfect shoe to wear when you're going out for dinner, doing a little shopping, or exploring the town. Booties can be dressed up or down, which is exactly the kind of versatility you need when you don't have your entire shoe collection at your disposal! We suggest checking out our curated selection of booties by Veronica Beard and Marc Fisher.
Once you've packed the best travel clothes for women and a few pairs of essential shoes, it's time to think about which accessories to bring along on your trip! From handbags and backpacks to jewelry and sunglasses, we've rounded up our must-have accessories to pack!
- Backpacks are the gold standard for the best travel bags for women. They are roomy enough for all your travel essentials with plenty of pockets for organization. Plus, they allow you to be hands-free.
- Crossbody bags are perfect for nights out when you only need to carry a few essentials with you. Something small and compact that is lightweight and easy to pack in your luggage is the perfect going-out bag. We love the stylish options from MZ Wallace and Kempton & Co.!
- Although it's not practical to stow away your entire jewelry box in your suitcase, that doesn't mean you cannot bring along a few versatile jewelry pieces to finish your outfits. Choose one or two necklaces, pairs of earrings, and bracelets that you can mix and match with most of your outfits.
- Another must-have accessory that is important to pack is a pair of sunglasses! Protect your eyes while on vacation with a pair of sunglasses that are the perfect mix of function and style.
- Don't forget to pack your cosmetic case! At Peter Kate, we carry fun and stylish options from Haute Shore and Kusshi. Explore our selection to find a variety of pouches and bags that are perfect for stowing away your makeup and personal care items.
Now that you have an idea of essential items to pack for your next trip, it's time to fill up that suitcase! Follow our recommendations on the best travel clothes and accessories for women to set yourself up for a smooth travel experience. For more ideas on what to pack for your next vacation, sign up for our newsletter. Happy traveling!